Training Fee Schedule
All Customized Training is up to 8 hours
Departmental or Management training for groups
$350.00 per person with a 4 person minimum, travel expenses not included. Individual training is provided at a minimum cost of $1400.00.
Internal Investigations Training
$350.00 per person with a 4 person minimum, travel expenses not included. Individual training is provided at a minimum cost of $1400.00
We will review your Policy and Procedure manual to understand your company’s handling of employee theft.
We will present best practices on:
- Proper documentation of evidence and investigative activities.
- The use of polygraph and undercover operatives
- Surveillance techniques.
- Behavioral interview techniques in general, obtaining a statement, interview techniques based on type of theft, cold interviews.
- Termination, restitution, prosecution, civil restitution
- Interfacing with HR and your Legal Department.
- How to deter internal theft and create awareness programs.
- Review of your current physical security systems in place.
- Making internal cases when all you have is a paper trail.
- Confidentiality of investigations and tips.
- Specific areas of theft including: Distribution, dock, receiving, cash office, accounts payable, false invoices, book keeper, phantom payroll.
- The worst mistakes you could make while conducting an internal investigation.
- How to avoid litigation stemming from internal cases.
Shoplifting Detection, Prevention and Response
$150 per person with a 4 person minimum, travel expenses not included.
- We review your current policy and procedures.
- We will teach you the behavior associated with theft.
- If apprehension is allowed we will teach you strategies and techniques that will provide the utmost safety for customers, employees, and others.
- We will provide you some standardized report formats to document an apprehension.
- If your state provides for civil restitution, we will give you instruction on how to pursue that.
- Prosecution is an alternative often sought by retailers. We’ll show you what to expect from that process including what to expect in court.
- We will conduct a high level review of your store to understand merchandising vulnerabilities.
- We will discuss physical security as part of your shrink reduction plan.
- We’ll show you how to plot hot spots in your store to determine trends.
- There will be discussion of the various methods of shoplifters commonly use to commit theft.
- We’ll cover Organized Retail Crime and how your store(s) might be targeted.
This training takes about 6 hours to present but can be expanded beyond these topics. Call us for a proposal. We can also review, modify or write your company policy regarding shoplifters. That assignment would be charged on a per hour basis.
Call or email today for more information about our training seminars.