Internal Investigations Training
Investigation and Interview Workshop
Internal investigations are an everyday occurrence in corporations, small business owners, and the sole proprietor. Investigations come in many forms from employee theft to sexual harassment accusations to accidents. Regardless of the seemingly insignificance of the issue investigated, the final outcome, if improperly conducted, can cost a company far more. An improperly conducted internal investigation can, in fact, result in the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars in litigation fees and damages.
Whether you are the owner/manager of your own business or the Vice President of Human Resources for a Fortune 500 Corporation, our background will train you on:
- Creating an investigation plan.
- Evidence Development
- Questions To Answer Before Interviewing
- Motives For Cooperating During An Interview
- Initial Approach & Preparation based on the interviewee’s position.
- Establishing The Setting
- Initiating the interview
- Recording The Interview
- Controlling the interview
- Questioning Techniques to establish baseline behaviors.
- Questioning Techniques to gain initial admissions.
- Questioning Techniques to expand admissions.
- Gathering Additional Leads
- Closing an interview where no admissions were made.
- Properly documenting admissions: The Written Statement.
- Establishing Follow-Up Tasks
- Appropriateness of the use of Polygraph.
- Decisions about Prosecution and Recovery (where appropriate).
This workshop is designed to help you:
- Determine if your interviewing practices are appropriate and effective.
- Determine if your investigative techniques and practices are both effective and legal.
- Mitigate you and your company’s risk to litigation.Please call us to assist in determining your needs for a proposal. Learn About Our Investigation Training fees.
Please visit our page with additional articles on employee theft.