Security Assessments for Retail Environments
We conduct security assessments for retailers of all sectors:
- Mail Order
- Strip Centers
- Free Standing stores
- Outlet Centers
- Convenience Stores
- And more.
Retail security assessments can cover a lot of ground depending on the size and complexity of the company. We are sensitive to the customer’s shopping experience and store operations when reviewing or designing physical security for retailers.
Whether it is the corner drug store or a major chain with thousands of stores, our analysis will provide vital insight into the strengths and weaknesses of the physical aspects of your loss prevention efforts. We will assist in the development of current and future planning in areas such as:
- Burglar/Fire/Robbery Alarms
- Electronic Article Surveillance
- Door hardware and key systems.
- Panic Alarms
- Active Shooter scenarios
We ensure you have the “best for business” approach to satisfy your needs. We will provide actionable, cost effective recommendations and can follow the process through from the creation of an RFP to monitoring installation of equipment. Learn more about the general make up of a security assessment.
Aspects of your security program that should be regularly reviewed:
- How are you preventing or deterring employee theft?
- Lighting: Do you have the recommended lumens?
- Does your alarm have a cellular back up?
- Do your employees know how to react during a robbery?
- Perimeter physical security: What considerations are there for fencing and outer doors/windows?
- Access control and policies: Who manages your access control? How often is it reviewed for accuracy?
- Employee Parking: How close do they park to docks and dumpster?
- Review of security related equipment: How old is that VCR (If it is a VCR it’s time to go digital)? Planning on going digital?
- Review of periodic auditing efforts: Do you have a self audit program?
- Review of physical layout of internal warehouse to include distribution of CCTV, protection of sensitive cargo, and cross docking methods: When was the last time the layout was reviewed to ensure protection needs have not changed?
- Protection of cargo in transit: Are you using RFID, GPS, special seals?