LPT Security Consulting is an independent security expert and consulting firm that is not affiliated with any service provider or vendor that may provide physical security hardware or services.
A security assessment can cover a lot of ground depending on the size and complexity of the company. However there is not a specific outline or standard for the areas to be reviewed. Said another way, a request for proposal is collaborative with the client and should not simply state: Provide a price to conduct a security assessment.
How We Approach Assessments
Review of appropriate policies and procedures, emergency response protocols, and current training initiatives and crime analysis.
- Review of site(s) using concepts of CPTED (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design) which includes landscaping, lighting, visibility, etc.
- Development of risks and threats to security from within the site and from areas nearby.
- Review of all physical security aspects to include review of access control management, key control, security of high risk areas, health of all systems
- Consultation with appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Consultation, where appropriate, with in-house/contract security, local law enforcement/first responders.
- Meet with executives to discuss findings.
- The report is thoroughly vetted prior to publication.
- Recommendations are actionable and are prioritized. Likelihood and impact to organization is considered. Capital expense planning is included.
- Assistance available for development of enterprise convergence of security systems such as CCTV.
- Assistance available for the creation of RFPs for security vendors.
- Security and emergency training is available.
- Creation of company policy and procedures is available.
- Highly customized program development is offered in the areas of training, awareness, response, policy and procedure.