Workplace violence: What is it?
In short, it is any violence that is brought upon an employee or multiple employees. It can be committed by an outsider, a current or a former employee. It could occur as the result of an immediate altercation or it could occur based on an event that happened years ago and has been virtually forgotten. It can happen at any business, any corporation or school at any time.
Most people connect workplace violence with an employee termination where revenge is sought. That seems to be the most frequent but domestic violence and criminal acts by others are possible sources as well. These might also be termed as Active Shooter Events.
Workplace Violence and Active Shooter Training
We can assist you with planning, training, and practicing your workplace violence program. Our services provide:
- Working closely with key personnel to understand the dynamics of their departments or the company as a whole.
- Working with Legal Counsel.
- Developing awareness and protocols to report suspicions of potential violence.
- Developing policy and procedures about weapons on the workplace, locker and vehicle searches, and other areas to ensure your needs are met.
- Conducting a site security assessment to understand both the strengths and weakness of physical security measures.
- Creating a train the trainer program to continue efforts long term.
- Security Expert Witness services.
Our efforts are customized to your working environment(s). There may be a corporate office in one location and several warehouses across the country. We build around you and your company’s needs.
Call us to discuss a proposal.
Excellent video related to workplace violence and active shooters